Data Protection Information
Who is the data processor?
VOLOTEA, S.A. (“VOLOTEA”).
Aeropuerto de Asturias, 33456 Santiago del Monte, Castrillón, Spain
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we process your personal data?
The various purposes for which Volotea processes data are:
- 1. Accepting and processing applications. Volotea will process the personal data contained in candidates' CVs for the purpose of:
- a. Facilitating searches for their CV and application, by specifying information such as: first name and surname, date and place of birth, language, country of residence and social security number;
- b. Dealing with the candidate's job application and initiating the selection process.
This processing is required to initiate the selection process, which will result in the candidate being recruited or their application being rejected. For this reason, Volotea has a legitimate interest in processing the data.
In addition, during said selection process, if the candidate consents, Volotea will in some cases create a candidate profile using various tests that assess both the candidate's compatibility with Volotea's spirit and values and their personality. This will be used to determine whether the position is suited to the candidate's personal characteristics.
- 2. Future selection processes. Volotea will retain candidates' personal data and their CVs for a period of 12 months. This is on the understanding that, having provided their data for the purpose of joining Volotea, they are interested in hearing about future vacancies and taking part in future selection processes.
- 3. Communications regarding the selection process. Depending on the stage of the selection process that the candidate is at, Volotea may send communications via any means regarding the next steps to take to continue with the selection process. These communications will be sent (for example by email or mobile phone) using the contact details that the candidate provided for the purpose of finding out the next actions they must take in order to continue with the selection process.
This processing is necessary so that the candidate can continue with the selection process.
How long will we retain your data?
The personal data that Volotea has access to will be processed while the selection process remains open, and in any case for a maximum of 12 months from the day on which it is received.
Nevertheless, in the event that the candidate becomes inactive with regard to the selection process, in other words, that they do not take the next steps according to their application status, the candidate will be listed as inactive. We will then retain their first name and surname, ID number, email address and telephone number, which will be duly blocked, for the duration of the limitation period in case an action is still required. For this purpose, a candidate will be deemed to be inactive if they do not take any actions for a period of 12 months.
Who will your data be transferred to?
Volotea will on transfer candidates' data to:
- Public bodies, state security forces, the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (Spanish Data Protection Agency), judges and courts and, in general, the competent authorities, whenever there is a legal obligation to provide the data.
- Besides the aforementioned types of data transfer, Volotea will make use of third-party services providers that may be given access to candidates' personal data and may process it in the name and on behalf of Volotea as part of the service they provide.
Volotea follows strict selection criteria for its service providers in order to comply with its data protection obligations and undertakes to enter into a data processing agreement with such service providers that binds them to following obligations, among others: taking appropriate technical and organisational measures; processing personal data for the agreed purposes and only according to the documented instructions from Volotea; and deleting or returning the data to Volotea once the provision of services has ended.
Specifically, Volotea will contract services from third-party providers operating in the following sectors: logistics, legal advice, private appraisal services, supplier approval, multidisciplinary professional services firms, maintenance companies, technology service providers, IT service providers, physical security firms, instant messaging providers, infrastructure management and maintenance companies and call centres.
How do we obtain your data?
The personal data that Volotea processes is provided directly on our website or recruitment platforms.
Similarly, their data may have been provided indirectly by a third party employed by Volotea, via the same email address indicated above. In such cases, we understand the candidate to have been informed in advance that their data was going to be transferred and of the corresponding privacy conditions.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
- Candidates are entitled to obtain confirmation of whether or not Volotea is processing their personal data and, in this case, to access their personal data, request the rectification of incorrect data or, where applicable, request that it be deleted when, among other reasons, the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, or is not the subject of fully automated decisions.
- In certain circumstances, candidates may request via email that the processing of their data be limited, in which case we will retain the data for the sole purpose of pursuing or defending complaints.
- In certain circumstances and for reasons relating to their specific situation, candidates may oppose the processing of their data. In this case, Volotea will stop processing the data, except for legitimate reasons and/or to pursue or defend any complaints.
- Candidates may request data portability, in which case the data will be sent directly to the entity indicated by the candidate.
- At any time, candidates may withdraw their consent for their data to be processed.
How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise the rights described above, as well as the other rights granted by the applicable data protection law, and submit any complaints you deem appropriate to the Volotea Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com or writing to Travessera de Gràcia 56, 4º, 08006, Barcelona.
Where necessary in order for us respond to your request to exercise any of these rights and if you have not already provided it, we may ask for a copy of a valid ID document to identify you.
Likewise, you are hereby informed that, if you deem it appropriate, you may file an official complaint against Volotea and/or the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (as the competent authority for data protection), in particular, when you have exercised a right and we have failed to respond in accordance with the law.